Rock n Roll
Music and Motion
Weekly music and movement classes for toddlers.
Rock n Roll is a high-energy and stimulating music and movement class for toddlers and their grown-up. Each class contains a variety of music and movement based activities. Weekly sessions with age-appropriate themes and musical selections. Experience the developmental benefits of music in a setting and with music that makes it fun for the mom, dad, or caregiver as well!
Moving to Music
Whether they're a buzzing bee or a shooting rock star, your toddler will learn to listen and move to music, developing their locomotor skills and active listening capabilities. Babies will enjoy moving and grooving with their caregiver in a sensory-rich environment!
Sing-along songs are a perfect way to incorporate musical routines into class and at home! Whether it's singing the 'clean up song' after instrument exploration or helping clean up the toys back at home, children from a very early age respond positively to music and song in their daily routines.
Using age-appropriate instruments, such as shakers and hand-bells, babies and toddlers will enjoy exploring exciting new sounds and developing their active listening skills!
Active Listening/Story Time
For each class, a different theme-related story with be told, offering opportunities for movement and memory-based activities related to the story/theme.
Group dances and musical activities are great ways to improve coordination, boost confidence, and build life-long friendships!
All activities include appropriate movement options for toddlers and caregiver/babies.
Benefits of Music
- Challenges the brain in new ways
- New motor skills must be learned and coordinated
- Profound and seemingly permanent changes in the brain structure
Music & Mathematics
- Patterns of chords, notes and key changes
- Counting of beats, rests & how long to hold notes
- Geometry to remember correct finger positions for notes or chords
- Sequences called intervals are the differences between notes
- Ratios, proportions and equivalent fractions understanding are required to read music
Music & Reading
- Strong association between music instruction & reading ability
- Positive transfer occurs between language and reading
- More music skills result in greater degree of phonological awareness
- Music perception taps and enhances auditory areas
(How the Brain Learns by David Sousa, pg 225-229) Read More