An early music education that rocks!
A weekly class for preschoolers that is designed for kids to join at any time and billing is non-committal - we bill by the month. If you'd like to try the class - please call to schedule a free trial.
Whether they’re a budding rock-star or an aspiring classical soloist, Rock City is the place to find real music education for your preschooler. Through dynamic musical and movement-based activities, exposure to live instruments and musically inspired story-time, budding young musicians gradually develop the skills needed to read music, play simple rhythms and develop fine motor control - skills that are essential for future success in playing an instrument. Classes focus on foundational musical concepts such as fast and slow, sound and silence, high and low and even singing and playing major scales, and with our special take-home activity materials, their musical adventures will last all week long!
Benefits of Music
- Challenges the brain in new ways
- New motor skills must be learned and coordinated
- Profound and seemingly permanent changes in the brain structure
Music & Mathematics
- Patterns of chords, notes and key changes
- Counting of beats, rests & how long to hold notes
- Geometry to remember correct finger positions for notes or chords
- Sequences called intervals are the differences between notes
- Ratios, proportions and equivalent fractions understanding are required to read music
Music & Reading
- Strong association between music instruction & reading ability
- Positive transfer occurs between language and reading
- More music skills result in greater degree of phonological awareness
- Music perception taps and enhances auditory areas
(How the Brain Learns by David Sousa, pg 225-229) Read More