Drums 101 gives students the opportunity to apply their rhythmic knowledge to the entire drum set. We will use contemporary music in order to develop an understanding of the drummer’s role in a band. The students will focus on coordination techniques as well as drum rudiments in order to build the confidence to play different styles of music. We will learn to listen to other instruments and how a drummer interacts with these instruments while laying the foundation for the rest of the band to play on top of.
- A well-balanced music education consists of Music Theory, Technique and Repertoire.
- Students learn faster playing music they like.
- Simplified versions of modern songs allow students to see results more quickly.
- Audio recordings of each simplified arrangement are available to students. This allows them to hear how their part should sound.
- Lessons are catered to the needs of each student's learning style.