B2R drum students will acquire all of the skills necessary to be a successful drummer in a band. Lessons will focus on rhythm, coordination and stick techniques as well as complex skills such as four-way coordination and polyrhythms. There will also be an emphasis on ear training, through which students will learn to recognize drum patterns in popular music and other genres. Ultimately students will develop a comprehensive understanding of the drummer's role in an ensemble and will be able to play with other musicians in a variety of styles. Since the drums are not solo instruments, it is very important for students to seek opportunities to play in bands or other ensemble settings – either within our outside of B2R. A drummer’s ability to meld musically with other musicians while supporting them rhythmically is critical and can only be learned by playing with others.
Small group (2 or 3-to-1) lessons in piano/keyboard, guitar, bass, voice, drums, woodwinds, brass and many more. Instruction is each week for 30 or 60 minutes. Recommended for children ages 6 and up. We also recommend registering two students for the same lesson type to ensure the lessons take place. Two students are required to schedule a semi-private lesson. We will make our best efforts to pair students that sign up individually but cannot guarantee the lessons will occur without a second student.
- A well-balanced music education consists of Music Theory, Technique and Repertoire.
- Students learn faster playing music they like.
- Simplified versions of modern songs allow students to see results more quickly.
- Audio recordings of each simplified arrangement are available to students. This allows them to hear how their part should sound.
- Lessons are catered to the needs of each student's learning style.