That’s why unlike any other music school, B2R couples rigorous individual instruction with band “jam sessions,” making students motivated by playing in a group. Like sports, a band builds teamwork, develops social skills, fosters self-esteem, promotes peer recognition and leads to lasting friendships.
We have Fun!
The B2R Method.
In our music schools, we use an innovative approach to music instruction based on the belief that everyone learns faster playing the music they like, whether it’s rock or Bach, and the technical foundation is the same. Teachers at B2R use special age and skill appropriate arrangements to have students playing songs in no time. Students are motivated to learn when they see early results and have an exciting, achievable goal.
B2R gives kids an experience to last a lifetime! Musical skills lead to years of pleasure and fulfillment. Young people are enriched by their musical accomplishments for the rest of their lives. Some become professionals, but most achieve great satisfaction playing for their friends at social gatherings or performing together with their friends in bands that become a rewarding creative pastime.
We start them young!
You’re never too young to play and create music. Introducing toddlers and very young children to music, rhythm and motion supports cognitive development, learning and motor skills. B2R Early Childhood classes combine structured musical games and activities to promote learning and musical growth and expose children to the fundamentals of music.
Learning to Play Music Should Be Fun.
It's Called "Play" for a Reason!
B2R is a system of music schools based on the belief that learning to play music should be fun. Students learn quickly when they play music they know and like. From Rock to Bach, B2R music schools build technique, foster teamwork and enhance self-esteem through private lessons, group instruction and public performances.
Take the time to read about our programs, call 877.227.6233 to speak with our knowledgeable staff and request information by filling out the form to the right.
B2R Music Programs
We offer individual lessons in piano, drums, keyboard, guitar (acoustic and electric) and vocals. We also offer lessons in violin, brass and woodwind instruments (please check with your local B2R site to see what instruments are offered). The teachers in our music program are working professionals with extensive experience in teaching music at all levels. Students can take one-on-one or semi private music lessons.
In B2R group classes, students learn how to play their instrument in a stimulating team-based environment. The healthy camaraderie and competition that results motivates students to practice and improve quickly. Students receive a combination of individualized attention and group direction including ensemble playing. This approach leads to well-rounded musicianship, and prepares students to perform in a variety of ensembles/bands or as soloists.
The special excitement about music training at Bach to Rock comes from students playing together in bands. Our professional band coaches work closely with students and direct and train the bands. At B2R, students are placed in compatible bands according to their age and ability. Bands are usually made up of four to six players and a vocalist (who may also be one of the band’s instrumentalists).
Bach to Rock is proud to announce the B2R Glee Club! Inspired by the television sensation, this premier choral ensemble offers a dynamic atmosphere for male and female students to unlock their inner star! Each student will explore fun vocal exercises, singing in harmony, and cool choreography while performing arrangements of popular songs. The B2R Glee Club provides a group learning experience that emphasizes reading music, intonation, listening skills, rhythm, and healthy vocal technique. The club will also get to show off its talent at exclusive live performances!
- Rock Birthday Party: A two-hour party for ages 7 to adult. Everybody learns to sing or play a song on keyboard, guitar, bass, drums or other rhythm instruments and everyone leaves with a CD of the Birthday Band, recorded and engineered in our state-of-the-art studio. Party time can be extended by request for large groups.
- Rock City Party: A 90 minute party for kids ages 4-6. Everybody dances and sings, even parents. Children are actively involved in performing, describing and creating music. Instruments, parachutes, and music - loving kids all add to the celebration. Maximum guest count varies by site.
- Karaoke Party: Bach to Rock’s Karaoke Birthday Party is the perfect party for kids and adults eager to become a rock star for a day! Designed for ages 6 to adult (the only prerequisite is they must know how to read), the first step is for the birthday guest of honor to select a song from B2R’s birthday party song list that includes current pop hits and classic rock gems.
B2R Studios is a division of Bach to Rock: America’s Music School, offering a range of audio recording courses, workshops and recording production services in professional, state-of-the-art facilities. B2R uses the latest editions of ProTools® and high-end traditional and virtual equipment in acoustically balanced, climate-controlled studios.
Beat Refinery is dedicated to teaching all facets of being a DJ by combining traditional methods alongside the ever changing technology. We are committed to developing the next great superstar DJ’s by promoting positive self expression through music. Beat Refinery focuses on an in depth study and philosophy of music that until just recently would have taken years to achieve. Whether novice or seasoned performer, there are a wide variety of programs to be mastered. We believe that anyone of any race, gender, age, or demographic when properly developed, can accomplish what has become the music industry’s choice profession. With an Instructional Staff of DC’s most successful and accomplished DJ’s, The Beat Refinery promises to provide an exciting and challenging addition for Bach to Rock.
- Rock Band Camp: Designed for students of all levels, from beginners to seasoned artists, this program is taught by real musicians using the unique B2R method, which will have students playing full songs in no time! Students are placed in a band according to their age and skill level and the requirements of ensemble playing, teamwork and achievement of musical objectives are stressed. Depending on ability level, development of original material is strongly encouraged. Each weekly session culminates in a public performance and the recording of a CD. This camp is split into two age categories: for kids 7-9 and 9+
- Record a Studio Demo: Do you have an awesome band that's rocking covers and writing songs, but not sure of what to do next? Come learn how to promote your music and get gigs! Find out how to create a press kit, including one sheets, photos and even a professional demo. Work in a state of the art studio with professional engineers to create your own signature sound. At the end of the week, play a live show and sell your first B2R produced demo.
- Glee Camp: Working with a professional vocal coach on proper breathing and phonation techniques, this program combines solo and ensemble singing in a chorus format. Students are grouped according to age, vocal development and experience. They learn to sing in a rock and pop style with while honing their stagecraft and presentation technique. The session culminates in a public performance and recording of the group's songs on a professionally mastered CD.
- Rock City World Tour: With musical story-time, world-instrument explorations, composition and improvisation opportunities - not to mention cultural and geography lessons from around the world - kids will love spending their summer immersed in this global musical vacation! Throughout the week of camp, adventurers are introduced to instruments as diverse as the African Hand-Drums and Australian Didgeridoos, and are encouraged to play and explore music and instruments with guided movement activities and imaginary story-telling experiences. Parents get to enjoy a musical performance highlighting many of these musical adventures culminating the week of camp! This camp is for children 4 (potty trained) - 7 years old. Students are grouped into similar age groups.
- Recording Arts: Pro Tools & Production Camp: Using state-of-the-art recording technology, such as Pro Tools and Digidesign compatible control surfaces, students gain hands on experience manipulating sound in an industry level environment. Participants have the opportunity to create original music and record live bands in B2R's professional recording studios.
Rock n Roll is a fun, high energy and stimulating music and movement class for children and caregivers aged 6 months through 3 years old. The class consists of four 10 week units, each with its own age appropriate theme and musical selection. Experience the developmental benefits of music through singing, dancing, exploring age-appropriate instruments and more! Each class contains a variety of music and movement-based activities. All activities include appropriate movement options for toddlers and caregiver/babies.
Rock City (Ages 3 - 5)
Whether they’re a budding rock-star or an aspiring classical soloist, Rock City is the place to find real music education for your 3 - 5 year old. Through dynamic musical and movement-based activities, exposure to live instruments and musically inspired story-time, budding young musicians gradually develop the skills needed to read music, play simple rhythms and develop fine motor control - skills that are essential for future success in playing an instrument. Classes focus on foundational musical concepts such as fast and slow, sound and silence, high and low and even singing and playing major scales, and with our special take-home activity materials, their musical adventures will last all week long!
Kids n Keys (Ages 5 - 7)
Kids n Keys offers students a playful environment where they encounter the concepts, symbols, and sounds that form the basis of music literacy. Our curriculum incorporates different types of activities and games that involve listening, movement, singing, and creative music-making. We also firmly believe that young students have the ability to make music at the keyboard even before they can read music notation. In every class, students learn to play popular melodies on the piano and prepare for a group concert.
What is B2R?
- Submit the form below to obtain a certificate.
- Not Valid for B2R Camp, Rock City or Early Education Programs (including Kids n Keys and Rock n Roll).
To redeem online, use code: "40OFFGENERAL". Valid only with new program enrollments. NOT VALID for B2R Camp, Rock City or Early Education Programs (including Kids n Keys and Rock n Roll).
Everyone learns faster playing music they like!
Call today to enroll: